View Profile reverend

All 75 Movie Reviews

22 w/ Responses

Pretty good!

Pretty good animation. I enjoyed the artwork and the music was fitting. The voice acting was well done and really helps carry the story along. The only thing that I have qualms about is that the plot seems to wander. What was the purpose of telling Mr. Mango's superpower when he did nothing to save them. Regardless, it's still a well animated short; nice work!

Captivating

When I played this movie I had some general idea of what to expect, but when I came to the first click it really caught me by surprised and I laughed. It's was so random and out of place, so it seemed. As I continued though it, really became unsettling and uneasy to watch, because I knew what's going to happen each time. It really got to a point of when does this insanity end.

Overall, it was a very interesting way of bringing up the issue of abusive and to give someone a first hand account in doing it really helped in delivering the message. Nice work.

Yeah that's right

I really enjoyed this movie. It was certainly surrealistic, which I really enjoyed. Being a huge Star Trek fan I was amused by the Patrick Stewart's cameo and his dialog between him and Pineapple Clock. The beat in this flash was very fitting and really holds the movie together through out the randomness. All in all, a wonderful and bizarre Clock Day movie. Great work!

biblo responds:

Well thanks

Awesome!

I really love how every came together and this was a fabulous idea to have for Clock Day. I do love the mix of art that was submitted with everything from realism, classical, surrealism, to pop art. I am really amazed at the creativity of each of the art pieces. The controls were confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's all good. The ambient music was a nice selection and adds a nice feel to it, though some more background chatter would give it a more museum feel.

All in all, I loved how this turned out and I would love to see this become a yearly Clock Day staple.

Hasenpfeffer!

I love this epic Clock Day submission. You are a very talented voice actor and have a very deep manly voice, which really sells the movie.

I love the fast pace camera angles, which must have took days to code. More importantly I love the plot of this move. A smurf movie along would be bland and boring, but with the almighty B it really give substance and drama that all movies should have.

Nice work and Strawberry Clock is the King of the Portal! :)

Auz responds:

Lol, yeah I got a great voice and all, but for this flash I just thought I'd rip the sound from the official Smurfs movie trailer XD

And no, the camera did not took 'days to code'. It's actually just a silly motion tween with the B and not the camera who's moving. Haggard thought it was the camera as well, so heh, I guess that worked out well.

I might do something with this "next summer". Thanks for the review!

Awesomesauce

This is definitely has all the hallmarks of a of a great Clock Day submission: great story, plot turns, actions scenes, and a well thought out conclusion that leaves the audiences wanting for more. The story is a little short, but I loved the Billy and Mandy theme, as I use to watch it all the time. The music with YMCA is always fitting no matter what flash it is. And yeah. . .

Nice work TPM and Strawberry Clock is the King of the Portal!

ThePigeonMaster responds:

Indeed he is the king, man!

Thanks for the review and the high score :)

Pretty Good!

I really enjoyed this movie and it's a amusing take on the Sonic series as a whole. The animation was pretty simply drawn and could have been better, but it works. The voice acting was very good and really give this movie its shine. I love Robotnik's constant troubled health and how as the movie progress you showed how the series really deviates away from what it originally was with the constant addition of friends. Being old as I am, I probably couldn't name any of the newer characters if I tried.

All in all, the animation could have been better, but voice acting and the great take on Sonic in general really make up for it. Good work!

Wonderful!

I really enjoyed this movie and it is a really an amazing work. The imagery and mix of 3-D graphics was really refreshing and overall the artwork is very beautiful. I love the sounds of the robot for each action that he does and it really adds a nice touch to the movie. The story is a sad tale, but it was pretty captivating. It's really sad to see such an altruistic robot destroyed, but I guess his spirit lives on in those flowers he left behind.

All in all, an outstanding movie, and I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!

Happy B-day Bahamut!

Awesome card, TPM. I loved the dance number and if I had known that you were going to put "From:" at the top I wouldn't have signed at the bottom; ah well, details. :) I'm loving the musical choice; very up beat and I could probably listen to it for hours. I'm sure our blue dragon friend loved it and thanks for being kind and doing this for him and behalf of all of us Wi/Hters. :)

ThePigeonMaster responds:

; ) .

Nice work!

I really found this flash pretty intriguing . It does seem rushed and isn't the most fantastily colored or animated, but does hit a point. The haunting ambient music was well chosen and fits the overall theme of the movie well. Sure it wasn't the most detailed in artistry, but in a way the simplicity works to get the point across. The words 'What makes you an exception?' really hits a point for the message of this flash, as it seems that these little robots all fall in the same terrible and tragic cycle.

All in all, I really enjoyed this movie and hopefully you can touch it up and finalize it for everyone to enjoy. Good work!

RionHunter responds:

I was originally going to make this one of those endless looping animations, but when I found that song that used those words, it just had that sense of finality to it, and it went soooo well with the theme of the animation that I couldn't NOT use it.

I probably will touch it up here and there. The reason it isn't fantastically coloured was because I was originally trying to make it more noir, but that fell through in my haste.

I watch the sun leaving me...and the shadow of this warrior falls back into the mountains. I touch the ground which caresses him...and weep for a man who believed in the goodness of others...who wanted nothing more than freedom...

36, Male