View Profile reverend

All 54 Game Reviews

3 w/ Responses

Nice

This game is overall pretty fun. The graphics are nice pixelated versions of Newgrounds characatures. The music adds a nice touch to the game and the medals are always a plus. The gameplay was okay. The story was way too short and not challenging to figure out.

Despite that, it's still a fun and enjoyable to play. Oh yeah, nice Red Diamond Dragon Club reference. :) Keep up the good work!

Excellent!

I must say that this is a very enjoyable game to play and is probably tops for the year. Being fan of the Madness series, the whole adaptation from Consternation was an ingenious idea.

The controls were a little clunky and awkward but a player can get use to them. The sounds and music are excellent and the animation was outstanding and true to the series. The medals are a huge plus, as well as the Madness Mode which made it more challenging and fun. Overall, this would be probably in the discussion for game of the year, if it were eligible. Keep up the good work!

Very Clever

I must say that this game is very original at the very least. The graphs are well done as well as the cut scenes. The music was good and the game sounds were fine. The controls were okay, but there is a little bit of difficulty in responsiveness; it's not too major but it's definitely noticeable. The main game play is fun and the mini games and custom game add a nice touch.

I really disagree with the illiterate/literate medals. A user should be able to achieve all medals if they want to and they should not be forced to choose one over the other. Despite that, this is a fairly fun game to play. Keep up the good work!

Simple and fun

This game is very addictive and enjoyable to play. The graphics of this game is fairly simple but well done. The controls are very easy to manage and are very responsive considering you have only a few fractions of a second to make a decision to jump or not. The music is very well done, along with the gameplay sounds; it really paints a picture of someone under duress.

It would have been nice to see some plot; though, I assume it would be out of the scope of such a simple game like this. Overall, this is a very fun game to play. Keep up the good work!

Very clever

I must say it's very ingenious to create a game in less than a day to capitalize on the Balloon Boy phenomenon. The game is simple but short, the controls are fine, the music is catchy but gets annoying fast, and the medal is always a plus. Overall, a pretty fun game.

Good work! :)

Intriguing

A very interesting and intriguing puzzle game I must say. I love the gameplay and the puzzles in the main story were challenging, but with some thinking could be solved. The whole story behind this game was interesting but the ending seem unsatisfying; I guess that's how things go in a paradox. The music was outstanding and very enjoyable to listen while being perplexed with what to do next (I found it funny that you'd managed to remix a NOAA weather broadcast in it). The addition of having people being able to add their own maps and challenges is a very nice touch.

I think the part that most got me is throughout the game of the protagonist's distress messages. It really showed the panic of one might have to deal with while being stuck in such a reality not knowing of what might happen. Overall this was an enjoyable game to play and I hope to see more. Keep up the good work! :)

Sharktastic!

I must say that this is one of the most hilarious game I have played in a while. The animation and controls were smooth, the music was great. The overall gameplay was fun but once you get the hang of it, it gets a little too easy. Despite that, this game had me laughing all the way through it.

Keep up the good work! :)

Fairly Good

This game is pretty good and entertaining. The controls a little awkward but once you get use to them it's fine. The overall story is interesting and challenging and the music is ok. The game dabbles in American Indian stereotypes but it's not offensive. Overall it's pretty fun. Keep up the good work.

Pretty Good

This is a fairly enjoyable game to play. The graphics, gameplay, and the controls were all good and the medals are a nice touch. The music was outstanding and really added to the game. Overall it was fun to play over and over again.

Some criticisms: I really didn't feel there should be checkpoints; maybe just one after Luis is defeated. It really neuters the challenge in such a short game and seems unnecessary.

Overall, this is a wonderful game and keep up the good work!

Pretty Good

There is no better game in my opinion than a good time waster and this is one. Overall the game play was excellent and the story was fine. The equipments and ships you can earn along the way is a nice touch along with the music. The game control were also good, even thought sometimes it's hard to remember which button is which when in the heat of battle.

Aside from a few medal glitches where at the last two bosses when the player dies you still earn the medal, it still a fun game to play. Keep up the good work.

I watch the sun leaving me...and the shadow of this warrior falls back into the mountains. I touch the ground which caresses him...and weep for a man who believed in the goodness of others...who wanted nothing more than freedom...

36, Male